Thanks for your interest in being involved with the 2019 Nightjar Festival. We’re excited for another great season in 2019 and we’re looking for a great bunch of people to join our team. If you’re energetic, enthusiastic, reliable & keen to be involved we’d love to hear from you!
Before you get started with your online application, there’s a few things you should know:
- You must be 16+ years of age to work at The Nightjar Festival.
- We have limited paid positions available. Click here to apply for a volunteer position.
- Applicants who are available to work at both the Torquay and Geelong festivals will be looked at favourably.
- Applicants for the Nightjar Festival in Torquay must be available to work every Thursday in January 2019: Thursday 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th January 2019.
- Applicants for the Nightjar In The City in Geelong must be available to work every Friday in February 2019: Friday 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd February 2019.
- You must make your own way to the festival site and be available for shifts between 7am–2am (depending on the role/s you are applying for).
- All positions involve working outdoors in varied weather and involve standing for extended periods of time.
- Staff applications open on 15th September and close on 15th October. No late applications will be accepted.
- You will be notified if you’ve been shortlisted by 30th October.
- All shortlisted applicants must be available to attend an interview in Torquay in early November.
- Questions marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory.
PAID STAFF POSITIONS VACANT
- MC/Stage Manager: Introducing musicians and making announcements, managing musicians and performance times. Must be confident and comfortable speaking into a microphone.
- Arts Coordinator: Installation arts, puppeteers, coordinating a team of arts volunteers.
- Head Gate Crew: Manage the gate area, inclusive of but not limited to cash flow, staff, recording, monitoring and reporting of patrons entering and leaving the festival. You must be prepared to dress up.
- Gate Crew: Customer service, cash handling, providing information, welcoming attendees. You must be prepared to dress up in themed costumes each week!
- Youth/Kids Event Staff: As a Youth/Kids Event staff member, you will be responsible but not limited to assisting with children and youth activities as required. Must be prepared to dress up. Must have current Working with children check.
- Head Bar Staff: Assist in running and handling of the bar area throughout the event, Ensure site is setup and packed down. Point of contact for bar staff throughout the event. Keeping stock of any supplies required. You must be prepared to dress up.
- Bar Crew: Customer service, Responsible Service of Alcohol, cash handling. You must have a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate to be considered for this position.
– If you don’t have an RSA Certificate yet: You can still apply, but you MUST commit to getting an RSA as a condition of employment. You will be required to submit your RSA by no later than 10th November. If you haven’t done an RSA course, online RSA courses are NOT currently acceptable for work at The NightJar Festival. You must complete a face-to-face course. Click here for a list of training providers.– If you DO have an RSA Certificate: Please attach a copy with your application. If your certificate will be older than 3 years at the time of the festival, you must also complete an online refresher course (in addition to, not instead of). Click here to do the online refresher.
- Site Crew: Onsite labour, construction, bump in/out. This position involves heavy lifting and physical labour. Please only apply if you are physical fit and able and qualified &/or experienced.
- Chai Tent Staff: Customer service, cash handling, chai brewing, providing information. You must be a trained &/or experienced barista to be considered for this position.
- Vehicle Marshall: Customer service, directing vehicles arriving onsite during bump in/out, liaising with stallholders and festival suppliers, providing information. You must be confident, be able to provide clear instructions and be able to work in a timely manner under pressure for this position.
Position descriptions are available on request.
We look forward to receiving your application and wish you all the best!
Click START APPLICATION to get the process rolling.