Thanks for your interest in being involved with the 2018 NightJar Festival. We’re excited for another great season in 2018 and we’re looking for a great bunch of people to join our team. If you’re energetic, enthusiastic, reliable & keen to be involved we’d love to hear from you!
Before you get started with your online application, there’s a few things you should know:
- You must be 16+ years of age to work at The NightJar Festival.
- 2. We have limited paid positions available. Click here to apply for a volunteer position.
- Applicants who are available to work at both the Torquay and Geelong festivals will be looked at favourably.
- Applicants for the NightJar Festival in Torquay must be available to work every Thursday in January 2018: Thursday 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th January 2018.
- Applicants for the NightJar In The City in Geelong must be available to work every Friday in February 2018: Friday 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd February 2018.
- You must make your own way to the festival site and be available for shifts between 7am – 2am (depending on the role/s you are applying for).
- All positions involve working outdoors in varied weather and involve standing for extended periods of time.
- Staff applications open on 19 August and close on 16th September. No late applications will be accepted.
- You will be notified if you’ve been shortlisted by 30th September.
- All shortlisted applicants must be available to attend an interview in Torquay in mid October.
- Questions marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory.
PAID STAFF POSITIONS VACANT
- Site Foreman: Coordinating the site build, site planning, onsite labour, construction, delegating tasks, managing a team of site crew. Please only apply if you’re physical fit and able and qualified &/or experienced.
- Electrical Foreman: Coordinating the site electrical requirements, site planning, onsite labour. Please only apply if you’re physical fit and able and if you’re a qualified Electrician.
- MC/Stage Manager: Introducing musicians and making announcements, managing musicians and performance times. Must be confident and comfortable speaking into a microphone.
- Arts Coordinator: Installation arts, puppeteers, coordinating a team of arts volunteers.
- Event Assistant: Jack of all trades! Assisting the Event Manager with various onsite event management tasks including (but not limited to), assisting stallholders with bump in/out, delivering equipment, liaising with musicians, cash handling, customer service, onsite labour, etc. Onsite event management experience highly desired.
- Gate Crew: Customer service, cash handling, providing information, welcoming attendees. You must be prepared to dress up in themed costumes each week!
- Bar Crew: Customer service, Responsible Service of Alcohol, cash handling. You must have a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate to be considered for this position.
– If you don’t have an RSA Certificate yet: You can still apply, but you MUST commit to getting an RSA as a condition of employment. You will be required to submit your RSA by no later than 10th November. If you haven’t done an RSA course, online RSA courses are NOT currently acceptable for work at The NightJar Festival. You must complete a face-to-face course. Click here for a list of training providers.– If you DO have an RSA Certificate: Please attach a copy with your application. If your certificate will be older than 3 years at the time of the festival, you must also complete an online refresher course (in addition to, not instead of). Click here to do the online refresher.
- Site Crew: Onsite labour, construction, bump in/out. This position involves heavy lifting and physical labour. Please only apply if you are physical fit and able and qualified &/or experienced.
- Chai Tent Staff: Customer service, cash handling, chai brewing, providing information. You must be a trained &/or experienced barista to be considered for this position.
- Merchandise Staff: Customer service, cash handling, merchandise sales, liaising with musicians, providing information. Must be confident, friendly and absolutely LOVE music!
- Parking/Traffic Marshalls: Customer service, directing vehicles arriving onsite during bump in/out, liaising with stallholders and festival suppliers, providing information. You must be confident, be able to provide clear instructions and be able to work in a timely manner under pressure for this position.
We look forward to receiving your application and wish you all the best!
Click START APPLICATION to get the process rolling.