Thanks for your interest in the 2019 NightJar Festival. We’re excited for another great season in 2019 and we’re looking for stallholders to join the fun! Think specialised or handmade products, designed by you, grown by you, creative, edgy, fresh and unique. You could be a furniture designer, visual artist, illustrator, fashion designer, jeweller or anyone doing something creative and amazing. If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you!
Before you get started with your online application, there’s a few things you should know:
- Each year the NightJar Festival is inundated with applications, so please keep in mind the application process if extremely competitive. Be sure to give it your best shot and WOW us with your application!
- Please submit quality photos that accurately represent your stall setup. We’re looking for stallholders who present their stall and products creatively. Show us why our audience will want to visit your stall!
- All stallholders MUST hold a Certificate of Currency (Public Liability Insurance) to trade at The NightJar Festival (must be valid for ALL date/s you are trading at the NightJar Festival).
- Our first option will always be to choose handmade/designed products. Please submit quality photos with your application that best illustrate your product and your stall setup. Take pride in your work and tell us how unique your story is, how your product is made, your inspiration and who you market to. We’re looking for stallholders who present their stall and products creatively. Show us why our audience will want to visit your stall!
- You’ll be required to list ALL the products you intend on selling in your application. PLEASE NOTE: You will ONLY be permitted to sell the items you list on your application. Think carefully about the items you’d like to sell and include them all in your application.
- The NightJar Festival has various sized sites available for stallholders, including single 3m x 3m sites, large 4m x 3m sites and double 6m x 3m sites. Limited power will be provided for each stall for lighting ONLY. You will need to provide your own tables and stall lighting. The total power limit for each stall is 150 watts. Please only bring lighting that fits within these power limits. Solar lighting is great! If your power usage exceeds the allocated limit you will incur an additional fee.
- Stallholders can either apply to trade at BOTH festivals, ONLY in Torquay or ONLY in Geelong, depending on your availability.
- You MUST be available to arrive onsite and bump in between 12:00pm – 3:00pm AND trade between 4:00pm – 10:00pm on your selected dates.
- CASUAL stalls are extremely limited and are only available in Torquay (Thursdays in January).
- Applicants who are applying for a FULL SEASON site at the NightJar Festival in Torquay must be available to trade on ALL Torquay festival dates: Thursday 3rd, 10th, 17th or 24th January 2019. Fees will apply for non-attendance.
- Applicants who are applying for a FULL SEASON site at the NightJar In The City in Geelong must be available to trade on ALL Geelong festival dates: Friday 1st, 8th, 15th or 22nd February 2019. Fees will apply for non-attendance.
- Marquees (3m x 3m) are available for hire from the festival for $165 p/night fully serviced (GST included).
- Stallholder applications open on 1st August and close on 1st September. No late applications will be accepted. If you have more than one stall you’d like to operate at the Nightjar, please submit a separate application form for EACH stall.
- You will be notified if you’ve been successful by 15th September.
- If successful, you must accept your offer, return all required paperwork and pay your site fee in FULL by 30th September (for the Torquay festival) and 30th October (for the Geelong festival) to secure your booking. Please keep in mind that late payments will not be accepted, you will be moved to the bottom of the list and the next Stallholder on our waiting list will be offered your place.
- Failure to return all required paperwork AND pay your site fee in FULL by 30th September (for the Torquay festival) and 30th October (for the Geelong festival) will result in forfeiture of your site booking. Each year we have a long list of stallholders ready to take your place!
- Questions marked with * are compulsory.
Click START APPLICATION to get the process rolling.